Each year i go with my family to Crimea, it is where my wife is from.
Before she was born Crimea was part of Ukraine and through her life up until 2014, all she knew Crimea as was a part of Ukraine, it had been part of Ukraine from the moment that Breshnev annexed the peninsula to Ukraine in the 1950’s, before that for at least 300 or more years, it had been part of Russia
In 2014 Russia took the peninsula back and i won’t deny that i supported it returning and becoming part of Russia, Russia requires a visa to enter the country and whilst that is not a problem, recently they have brought in a stupid biometric finger printing regulation, which makes it more difficult, so what would have normally cost me between £600 and £1000 cost a shit ton more.
Ill have spent almost £3K before i even get into Russia and travelled hundreds and hundreds of miles, so now i don’t think the whole Crimea going to Russia doesn’t seem like such a great or fun idea any more.
- What used to be free and stress-less now costs way too much money and stress:
Crimea – Ukraine = No visa needed = no need to go to a different country to get biometrics taken.
- Crimea – Russia = £400 on Visa’s, £200 on travelling to Scotland or England to get biometrics take, because the Russian embassy doesn’t have a base in my country, then there is the £200 on accommodation, then about £200 on food and travelling around Edinburgh.
I can’t take the cheaper and quicker route, because my only form of photographic identification, my passport is already in Edinburgh waiting for me to go over and it will remain there for 8 days after i leave my finger prints
That’s all before tickets are booked to go to Crimea, which of course is a stress in itself 🙁
- Crimea – Ukraine = Plane from Belfast To London To Kiev, Train to Crimea, simple apart from the 18+ hour journey, free accommodation as its with family.
- Crimea – Russia = Plane from Belfast To London to Moscow which is in the opposite direction of Crimea, having to stay over night costing even more money, not forgetting the food and such whilst there and Moscow is not a cheap place to eat, finally onto Crimea from there, which of course are more costly than the prices that Mr Putin promised for flights between Russia and Crimea.
I have never been so fucking stressed, constant headache, which ive had for about two weeks now, stabbing pains in my chest, ear ache that won’t go away, light headedness and waking up with pains like someone is driving a knitting needle through my stomach, that’s not including the fact that i am a billion times more angry and pissed off than normal and the tiredness i can’t shake.
Trying to get a doctors appointment to talk about these pains and my other health problems such as not being able to eat any type of meat or cheese without being in agony for several hours is impossible, you ring up and they are all booked for a week and you can’t book for two week or so in the future and the longest booking is a week.
I guess ill give my fuck you’s now.
- FUCK YOU UKRAINE FOR BEING PART OF THIS MESS
- FUCK YOU RUSSIA FOR NOT THINKING THIS SHIT THROUGH
- FUCK YOU UK AND USA FOR YOU DUMB FUCKING SANCTIONS AGAINST RUSSIA
- FUCK YOU UK FOR INSISTING THAT RUSSIANS NEED BIOMETRICS WHICH MADE RUSSIA BRING THIS LAW IN(Even US passport owners don’t have to go through this dumb biometric procedure >.<)
- FUCK YOU UK FOR NOT GIVING NORTHERN IRELAND BACK TO IRELAND(Irish passport owners applying in Dublin do not need this dumb biometric shit)
- FUCK YOU GREGORYRASPUTIN FOR NOT GETTING A FUCKING IRISH PASSPORT TO BEGIN WITH >.<